The Dual Function Circuit Breaker combines Class A 5mA GFCI and Combination Type AFCI, protecting against both Arc Faults and Ground Faults. This, along with the new Self-Test feature, makes it the first in class in electrical safety for homeowners.
The 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC®) now requires both Arc Fault and Ground Fault protection on kitchen and laundry circuits. Before the release of Dual Function Circuit Breakers, the only option to comply with this code was to pair an AFCI circuit breaker with a GFCI receptacle. The Dual Function Circuit breaker combines these two devices into one solution that provides both cost savings and less hassle in installation and maintenance.
- Easier to install one device than two
- Lower cost than purchasing both a GFCI and AFCI
- Combines two state-of-the art technologies into one small device
- Self Test feature as required by UL 943 effective June 2015
- Autonomously and continuously tests itself for device malfunction
- Trips the device when protection has been compromised
- Q115DFP is the sku associated due to plastic packaging as displayed in photos, it is the same as Q115DF