The Kidde KN-COSM-IBA uses breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO. Since carbon monoxide is present in all fires, having both detection chambers work together in one alarm is a breakthrough in the fire safety industry. When either sensor notices a potential hazard, it will communicate with the other. Depending on what is detected, the alarm will adjust its smoke sensitivity in order to better discriminate between a real hazard and a false one. This constant communication enhances the alarm’s overall performance in all fires, and significantly reduces the potential for a nuisance alarm.
Leading authorities recommend that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help ensure maximum detection of the various types of fires that can occur within the home. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with fast flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible fire particles (associated with slow smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Fire:The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
- Carbon Monoxide:Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
- Low Battery:One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY.” The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for at least seven days. Under battery power, the “LOW BATTERY” voice only occurs once every 15 minutes.
- Voice Hush Indication:“HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.
- Peak Level Memory:If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher when the Test/Reset button is pressed, the unit will announce “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident.
Part Number (Ordering Number): 900-0114